Nils Bruin wrote:
> Speaking of backups ... do we backup the sage-devel, sage-support news
> groups?

They are on gmane, and presumably some sage developers have more or less
complete archives on their own computers...

> In fact, they are sometimes referred to on trac, via
> super-opaque URLs.

I suppose the "right" way to refer to ML posts would be by Message-Id,
but nobody does that, and many people apparently do not understand such
references or have no convenient tools to follow them... (I once had
someone complain when I used a Message-Id to refer to sage-devel on
trac.)

--
Marc