John H Palmieri wrote:
> You would think that this would be a solved problem: others in the
> open source community must have be in the practice of backing up their
> GitHub info.

The following tools seem fairly complete:

- https://github-backup.branchable.com/ (but I'm getting timeouts with
it),

- https://github.com/josegonzalez/python-github-backup (not tested).

IMO we should at the very least have something like that running before
making the switch. We should also refrain from using features of github
not supported by our backup tool.

--
Marc