On Friday, January 12, 2024 at 6:38:31 PM UTC+9 Martin R wrote:

I just followed a few of the links Matthias posted today, and I must admit
that I do not understand a word.

That is normal. Just imagine that you are a passenger on a cruise and
happened to enter to the engine room of the ship by accident.

I guess that there are few developers who have adequate understanding of
all disputed PRs (perhaps none except the authors) . That is why I think
appointing one editor to resolve all disputed PRs is not a realistic idea.
A group of editors would be better. But then why not give the right to all
developers?

For each of disputed PRs, there would be a few interested developers. I
think majority voting by them is the way to go.