Thank you Michael Orlitzky, it worked after cleaning the previous builds. I
did,
$ make maintainer-clean

Which is equivalent to, according to the Makefile,
$ make distclean bootstrap-clean

I thought the installation would replace the previous builds when new
system packages are available. It is preferring old local spkg installs, if
already present, than new versions in system. But if it is spkg only it is
going for update.

Is it needed to be fixed or is it usual?