Dear Sage developers,
Dima is correct that there are several developers who have blocked each
other.  The Sage Code of Conduct Committee is aware of several cases and is
working on resolving them.  We believe both that the presence of these
blocks is harming the Sage project, and that it can be appropriate to block
another user.  In an extreme example, if one user "A" was stalking or
harassing another "B", it would absolutely be appropriate for B to block A.
Any resulting harm to the project is completely the responsibility of A in
such a situation. We are not saying that this situation applies for any of
the existing blocks, but there will certainly be less extreme cases in
which blocking remains appropriate.

In any case, the committee asks that anyone affected by blocking to please
channel their understandable frustration towards patiently working with us
to constructively resolve the current blocks individually and voluntarily.
We will continue to work toward addressing the underlying reasons
(revisions to the code of conduct, recruiting new members, new policies on
labels and reviewing, additional actions on github and in private).

Thanks,
David
for the Sage Code of Conduct Committee