I wasn't advocating anything like that.  Certainly I don't think that
pari-jupyter should be "killed".  I am assuming that pari-jupyter is or
will be a package that can be installed with pip.  And I am also assuming
that it has no direct interaction with Sage.  Are those assumptions wrong?
If not, what benefit does the pari-jupyter project get from having it
available as a sage spkg?

A question of more relevance to me is: do I need to add pari-jupyter to the
Sage_macOS binary package, even though it could be installed separately by
just running pip?  (We try to add all optional packages the we can build.).
If installing pari-jupyter creates a kernel specification directory in
/usr/local/share (as we do for the Sage kernel), then it will appear as an
available kernel when jupyter is launched from the SageMath app, whether or
not the location of the kernel is inside the app bundle.  How does it
improve our user's experience to have the package installed inside of the
app bundle, as opposed to in the user's Library/Python directory or inside
the python.org framework?  While this question is specific to me, I think
the same question applies to SageMath.

- Marc