On Wed, Apr 24, 2024 at 2:26 PM Oscar Benjamin <oscar.j.benja...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Presumably though a hypothetical person who wants CyPari2 but not all of
> Sage can already just use CyPari so that person is already well served.

That hypothetical person could also use CyPari2 if they didn't care about
memory leaks and they were not running Windows.

I am wondering how representative the CyPari case is compared to other parts
> of Sage.

That is a good question.  Dima says it is not representative.

I think there are different types of hypothetical people: users and
developers.  Users should just install all of sage.  But one copy of a
software package that size should be enough.  Developers producing smaller
more specialized packages would benefit from being able to embed or require
as dependencies some parts of Sage, without having to turn a modestly sized
package into a monster.

- Marc