On Wednesday, April 24, 2024 at 10:14:09 PM UTC-5 Matthias Koeppe wrote:

Yes, native Windows would clearly be a very important target.

As a data point, downloads of our stand-alone SnapPy app, which is about as
high level pure math as it gets, are 60% higher for Windows than macOS.

In another direction: I have started a port of Sage to pyodide, the
distribution of Python for WebAssembly (WASM), which makes Python runnable
directly in the browser. I can already run and test the modularized
distributions **sagemath-objects**, **sagemath-categories** there.

It would be amazing if a decent portion of Sage could be run in the browser
this way, e.g. to have the occasional HW assignment that needs Sage without
the overhead of using something like CoCalc.

Best,

Nathan