On Monday, June 10, 2024 at 1:53:59 AM UTC+1 Matthias Koeppe wrote:

On Sunday, June 9, 2024 at 5:25:54 PM UTC-7 Dima Pasechnik wrote:

Is there any Python project which resorts to mirroring binary PyPI wheels?

Sage-the-Python-project does not do this.

Sage-the-distribution does. Distributions do distribution stuff.

More questions?

You've pulled this line ("Is there any Python project which resorts to
mirroring binary PyPI wheels?") out of context.
Let me re-iterate.

> And what is the point of this? Why do we need to mirror PyPI?
> Is there any Python project which resorts to mirroring binary PyPI wheels?

So, why do we need to mirror PyPI ? The only "distro" that does it is Sage
itself, AFAIK.
What are the reasons to believe that it will improve anything? The burden
of such a move
is quite considerable, on the other hand.

> I think it's a very drastic step, and it needs to be discussed, brought
up for a vote, etc.

So you don't think this needs any further discussion?

Dima