This is Dima's response:

> None are relevant:
> (1) can be trivially achieved without mirroring.
> (2) is irrelevant here, as creating a tarball with all these binary
> wheels pushes us into multi-Gigabyte  territory.
> That is, you'd need prefetch the set of binary wheels for your machine
> somehow - and again, for this you don't need to mirror PyPI.

In my own words, he seems to be saying that "we don't need to download the
wheel and put it into our tarball; we can just call pip to fetch the
specified version from internet at install time". To do what he is
advocating, all we have to do is to throw away the "no internet for
installing from tarball" assumption.

Did I understand you correctly, Dima?