On Apr 17, 7:47 pm, Kate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Michael,
>
> > Mhh, can you remove the extra redirection in spkg-install and try
> > again.

Hi Kate.

> I still have a problem in clisp.  To remind you this is 3.0.alpha5
> compiled with gcc-4.3.0.

How could I forget? ;)

> gcc -g -O2 -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-

You are compiling with "-O2" but IIRC we force "-O0" on Itanium. Oddly
enough I see the following on another Itanium:

gcc -I/tmp/sage-3.0.alpha5/local/include -g -O2 -W -Wswitch -Wcomment -
Wpointer-arith -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wmissing-dec
larations -Wno-sign-compare -O0 -DNO_MULTIMAP_SHM -DNO_MULTIMAP_FILE -
DNO_SINGLEMAP -DNO_TRIVIALMAP -DUNICODE -DNO_SIGSEGV -
I. -c charstrg.c

Note that we see "-O2" as well as "-O0", so maybe we have to fix that
in our spkg. Let me poke around and see if I can fix this.

<SNIP>

> Kate

clisp is the single biggest pain to build on many platforms and
especially with modern compilers. Sigh ....

Cheers,

Michael