My alpha5 build report:

(1) arch linux failure when building lapack; this is a known issue involving
fortran. I'll try working around it... yep that gets past the lapack issue.

(2) 32-bit ubuntu, debian, 64-bit debian; sage.math: 100% good

(3) OS X 10.5 ppc:
        sage -t  devel/sage/sage/modular/abvar/homspace.py

It's just a timeout problem, caused by ppc being so dog slow at Craig and my
dog slow implementation of computing endomorphism rings:
sage -t  devel/sage/sage/modular/abvar/homspace.py          *** ***
Error: TIMED OUT! *** ***
*** *** Error: TIMED OUT! *** ***
         [371.8 s]

Anything else I suggested being broken in irc should be ignored and was
me being confused (e.g., by the hostname of our arch linux machine,
or building the wrong alpha version).

Wiliam