Surely the problem is (and it will get worse not better as Sage
improves ;))  that users just may not know which constituents
(3rd-party packages, i.e.spkgs)  their Sage session has used.  Are we
asking that our users take the trouble to find out (using lots of ?
and ?? commands) the complete set of packages they have used?  I fear
that this will not be normal practice.  I am not too upset that I may
read a paper which says "Let E be the elliptic curve ...., whose rank
(according to Sage [full Sage citation]) is 29." without knowing that
the rank was actually computed by eclib.  But the authors of much
larger components (dare I say Maxima?) might not like it.

I don't see an easy solution.  Perhaps we could have a "full_citation"
global flag which outputs a line whenever a function from any spkg is
used.  But I fear that the output would be much too verbose...   Or:
Could the notebook have a separate frame attached to each input cell
--which is normally hidden but on opening would give a list of those
spkgs which were used in evaluating the cell?

John