On Jun 2, 9:17 am, "William Stein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 1:30 AM, Henryk Trappmann
> > But back to SymbolicRing and SymbolicConstant.
> > I have the following improvement
> > SUGGESTION: when creating sqrt(2) or other roots from integers, then
> > assign to them the parent AlgebraicReal or AlgebraicNumer accordingly
> > instead of the too general Symbolic Ring.
>
> That's definitely planned.

Actually, if you mean that sqrt(2) should become the same as
AA(sqrt(2)) is now, I'm not sure that's a good idea, for two reasons.
First, AA and QQbar by design don't maintain enough information to
print nicely.  (This could be improved somewhat from the current
state, but not enough to compete with symbolic radical expressions.)
Second, since AA and QQbar incorporate complete decision procedures,
it is easy to construct examples where they are very, very slow; I
think people would often be happier with the less complete but much
faster techniques used in symbolics.

Carl