Francesco Biscani a écrit :

> With the non-header-only Boost libraries (such as Boost.Python), a
> possible approach could be that of modifying the build system of a
> package that uses them to compile and link the needed Boost libraries
> together with the package's own library. I.e., add the Boost libraries'
> .cpp files directly in the project's Makefile.
>
> Another possibility (especially if the use of Boost is widespread among
> Sage packages) would be to compile shared library versions of the needed
> Boost libraries when building Sage and use them when building the
> packages that need them.

As a Boost user, I just want to say that the Boost installation process
is not standard (not using automake, but Jam) and taht this a very long
task.
Actually, most people use packaged versions (.deb in Debian...) to avoid
compilation, but this seems precisely what Sage do not want to do.

Yours,

t.d.
--

Thierry Dumont. Institut Camille Jordan -- Mathematiques--
Univ. Lyon I,43 Bd du 11 Novembre 1918, 69622

begin:vcard
fn:Thierry Dumont
n:Dumont;Thierry
org;quoted-printable:CNRS - Universit=C3=A9 Lyon 1.;Institut Camille Jordan
adr:;;43 Bd du 11 Novembre;Villeurbanne Cedex;F;69621;France
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title;quoted-printable:Ing=C3=A9nieur de Recherche/Research Ingeneer
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://math.univ-lyon1.fr/~tdumont
version:2.1
end:vcard