On Jul 22, 2:55 pm, Simon Beaumont <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Simon,

> I decided to have a play with the pycuda-0.90.2 kit for which I needed
> boost_1_35_0

Mhh, is 1.35.0 mandatory? We might have to upgrade boost in PolyBoRi
then.

> - the main caveat is to make sure boost is using the sage
> python include, lib and executable rather than any system installed
> python. Similarly configure pycuda. My sage server runs as user sage -
> so I had to run the x server under sage. (I am looking into how to get
> the nvidia drivers loaded without x).

Ok, please let us know what you find out.

> Upshot is low level api works like a charm from sage notebook (sage
> 3.0.4 built under gentoo on amd64 h/w). Since I don't need the full
> BLAS library and I have some optimal kernels that do sgemm better than
> the library version then I might have a play with this for a while and
> see what I run into.

Yeah, even sgemm could be useful and it would be nice if you could get
some numbers of sgemm on the CPU vs. the GPU. Once the IEEE conform
hardware is out things will become a lot more interesting.

> Cheers,
>
> Simon

Cheers,

Michael