Hi

On 06/09/2008, at 3:21 AM, Simon Beaumont wrote:

> I tried building sage 3.0.1 with David Philps patches - make failed
> first with the r build looking for sage (which is in there somewhere

R sometimes fails to build if fink is findable.  I don't think that is
related to any frameworks.

> but without packages in place) so I did a make -k and have attached
> the install.log - I've got a nice framework python and a half baked
> sage and cvxopt build still fails with multiply defined symbols.

I hope I mentioned in my previous email that cvxopt will fail unless
you patch it.  I didn't bother because someone will probably update it
to 1.0 anyway, which hsa those multiply defined symbol issues fixed.

> All in all this is a show stopper for sage on OS X for me. I'll try
> and stitch something together after I've done a vanilla build followed
> by the framework one according to David's recipe. I guess I might even
> try the 64 bit options one day too. Proprietary systems... pah.

That should work fine if you're just playing around.