On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Minh Nguyen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Harald,
>
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 6:07 PM, Harald Schilly
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, I want to propose a process to increase the quality of the Sage
>> documentation. This is the by far most annoying thing about Sage
>> according to the last survey. I think the userbase is already big and
>> willing enough to contribute more documentation. To do this in a more
>> coordinated way, there should be some sort of process and guidelines.
> [...]
>> Therefore, I hope, some folks are interested to start and once there
>> is already something online, more and more should come.
>>
>> ideas, thoughts, comments? H
>
> Incidentally, this is what I'm currently doing for PARI/GP at my blog.
> I agree with you that there's a need for "short tutorials" on getting
> (new) users familiar with Sage, or at least a (small) subset of its
> features that are useful for what they want to do. I'm in the process
> of writing a short tutorial on using Sage to learn cryptography,
> specifically the shift (or Caesar) cipher. I'll keep you updated on
> this tutorial in the next few weeks.

It has taken me longer than I expected, but here it is:

http://nguyenminh2.googlepages.com/sage_numtheory-crypto.pdf

This is a short tutorial on using Sage to study elementary number
theory and the RSA public key cryptosystem. By "short", I mean at most
10 pages. If anyone has write privileges on the www.sagemath.org
server, you're welcome to put the above PDF document there or
somewhere where folks can access them. Hope (new) users find the
tutorial helpful in getting themselves familiar with Sage.

--
Regards
Minh Van Nguyen

Web: http://nguyenminh2.googlepages.com