On Jan 6, 1:33 am, bsdz <blai...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Blair,

> I dabbled a little with the vmware version of Sage and was able to
> install EditArea, a javascript syntax highlighting library
> (http://www.cdolivet.net/index.php?page=editArea). It is quite useful when
> editing Python and can be turned on or off. It also allows callbacks
> so pressing the save button can run evaluate_cell. It might be an
> alternative to using the It's All Text Firefox plug-in.

<SNIP Details>

> Hope it might be useful.
> Blair

You might want to check out the discussion at
http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/a4ba0ed228e220c5
about adding support for TinyMCE. It seems that it doesn't support
syntax highlighting, but that might be an orthogonal issue anyway. At

http://www.spencerkellis.net/articles.php?post=merging-google-syntax-highlighter-and-tinymce

there is a link to a html syntax highlight plugin for TinyMCE, so
there might be something similar for Python. But I guess it is worth
checking out, especially if is an an feature one can easily turn on
and off.

Cheers,

Michael