On Jan 8, 2:34 pm, bsdz <blai...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I must admit I did consider TinyMCE amongst many others but I liked
> EditArea since it could syntax highlight python code. Other
> highlighters either didn't allow editing or didn't have built in
> python lexers. I notice the other thread has recently become more
> active so I may follow that.
>
> Thanks for the update.

Sure. I think that what you want is still orthogonal to the TinyMCE
effort, but having another edit widget in the tree "just" for
highlighting ought to be well thought out and the burden of
maintenance must be taken into account, i.e. if somehow TinyMCE could
be extended to do Python and all the other languages the notebook
supports syntax highlighting via some plugins that would be
preferable. As far as I understand we don't use TinyMCE to edit the
cells themselves yet, but that could be something we might do in the
future.

Either way this plays out: Thanks for the effort and hopefully this
will all be sorted out in the near future.

Cheers,

Michael