On Feb 12, 4:55 pm, mark mcclure <mcmcc...@unca.edu> wrote:
> On Feb 12, 11:44 am, mabshoff <mabsh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,

> > since someone asked in IRC I build a 3.3.rc0 on a MacIntel running OSX
> > 10.5. It can be found at
> >http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/mabshoff/release-cycles-3.3/sage...
> > [311 MB]
>
> Didn't quite work for me.  When trying diff(x^2,x), I get:
> Traceback (click to the left for traceback)

<SNIP>

> RuntimeError: Unable to start maxima
>
> Perhaps, something is hardcoded that shouldn't be?

I have seen that odd behavior by binaries build on that machines
before (William's bsd box), but I don't have any other OSX 10.5 box
with fast upload speed. I do think William does build 10.5 binaries on
that box, so it might be something odd about my users account that
causes this. If he doesn't it must be something else odd on that box.

Let me download the dmg to my local 10.5 MacIntel box and see if I can
reproduce this. For now you can force a rebuild of the Maxima.spkg to
fix this. Note that since this is a binary you will need to delete the
placeholder file and Sage should just download the maxima.spkg again
and build it.

Maybe it is something completely orthogonal related to the app bundle,
but I will poke around once I have the dmg locally.

> Mark McClure

Cheers,

Michael