On Feb 13, 12:55 pm, William Stein <wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 9:53 AM, mark mcclure <mcmcc...@unca.edu> wrote:
> What happens when you type:
>
> ./sage -maxima

I get the error message shown below.  I had tried that
already, since I frequently use sage precisely to access
maxima.

---------------- Bad sage -maxima session -------------
mcmcclure$ /Applications/Sage.app/Contents/Resources/sage/sage -maxima
Maxima 5.16.3 http://maxima.sourceforge.net
Using Lisp CLISP 2.46 (2008-07-02)
Distributed under the GNU Public License. See the file COPYING.
Dedicated to the memory of William Schelter.
The function bug_report() provides bug reporting information.
Unknown plot option specified:  gnuplot_pipes_term
 -- an error.  To debug this try debugmode(true);
Maxima encountered a Lisp error:

THROW: there is no CATCHer for tag MACSYMA-QUIT

Automatically continuing.
To reenable the Lisp debugger set *debugger-hook* to nil.

*** - THROW: there is no CATCHer for tag RETURN-FROM-DEBUGGER
The following restarts are available:
MACSYMA-QUIT   :R1      Maxima top-level
Break 1 [1]>