On Feb 12, 6:34 pm, Nick Alexander <ncalexan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12-Feb-09, at 5:08 PM, mabshoff wrote:

<SNIP>

> >> Didn't quite work for me.  When trying diff(x^2,x), I get:
>
> I copied the internal sage folder to my home directory, renamed,
> modified SAGE_ROOT, and this works for me.

Ok, that gives me a good idea what is wrong and a likely lead how to
fix this. When I looked at the patch it seems to set SAGE_ROOT
dynamically, so I am not yet 100% sure what goes wrong.

My download from sage.math is *dog slow*, i.e. 40kb/s, so ironically I
could have build Sage faster locally than download it. Obviously this
isn't going to help me fix this problem, so stay tuned. I am glad that
if this really a bug in the app bundle that we caught it before
building OSX binaries and having to look for brown paper bags to hide
under in shame after screwing up the release :)

> Nick

Cheers,

Michael