Hi Michael,

On Feb 19, 2:37 pm, mabshoff <mabsh...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > BTW, I think it would be a good thing to be able to up- or downgrade
> > individual components of Sage. In this case, my motivation was a bug
> > that only occured in Singular-3-0-4.
>
> This will never work in any reliable way and I don't think we should
> support this.
> Well, aside from the warning why do you care if a drop in replacement
> + build from scratch works?

I mainly cared about the possibility of up- and downgrading individual
components (see the title of this thread!) -- I think this could be a
useful thing. But, as you said, this is not going to be supported :(

And I'm not really scared by warning messages, provided things work :)
As you can see in my original post, my second bunch of questions
(concerning the warning) was just out of curiosity).

Cheers
       Simon