On Thursday 19 February 2009, Simon King wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> On Feb 19, 12:39 pm, Martin Albrecht <m...@informatik.uni-bremen.de>
>
> wrote:
> > On Thursday 19 February 2009, mabshoff wrote:
> >
> > Simon, since it is rather hard to guess what your problem is exactly, why
> > don't you just post the SPKG somewhere so that someone else can take a
> > look?
>
> OK, see
> http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/SimonKing/SPKG/singular-3-1-0-beta-200
>90216.p1.spkg
>
> > Also, you need to rebuild all the extensions depending on libsingular,
> > that's probably causing your crash.
>
> So, this would answer my first question (how can one switch in an
> *existing* Sage build from one Singular version to another?).
>
> But what are the extensions depending on libsingular?
> Is there an automated way to find out on what extensions need to be
> rebuilt when changing some spkg?

Look in $SAGE_DEVEL/module_list.py

This file should be patched such that all the extensions depending on Singular
are scheduled for rebuild if say libsingular.h changes. Simon, do you want to
take a shot at doing this? (Search for 'depends' to see how this is done).

Martin

--
name: Martin Albrecht
_pgp: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8EF0DC99