Carl Witty wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 2:29 AM, Jason Grout
> <jason-s...@creativetrax.com> wrote:
>> Can't you put both?
>>
>> "Doing substitutions by calling a symbolic expression is deprecated;
>> use EXPR(x=...,y=...) or EXPR.subs(x=..., y=...) instead"
>>
>> Or
>>
>> "Function evaluation of symbolic expressions without specifying
>> variables is deprecated; use EXPR(x=...,y=...), or EXPR.subs(x=...,
>> y=...), or explicitly give the order of variables by using f(x,y)=EXPR;
>> f(xvalue, yvalue)"
>
> Hmm... if I saw one of those messages, probably my first response
> would be to go look up in the documentation what the difference
> between EXPR(x=..., y=...) and EXPR.subs(x=..., y=...) was, followed
> by slight annoyance because I wasted my time once I discovered they
> were the same.  But maybe that's just because I'm strange.
>
> That's why I'd rather not put both, anyway.
>
> Carl

<my 2 cents>

What about
"Doing substitutions by calling a symbolic expression is deprecated;
use EXPR(x=...,y=...) or equivalently EXPR.subs(x=..., y=...) instead"
?

That way people who prefer one idiom over the other will see the one
they like, and hopefully nobody is confused into thinking they are
different.

</my 2 cents>

Cheers,
Jason Bandlow