On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 04:12:00PM -0700, mabshoff wrote:
> On Apr 25, 8:39 am, "Nicolas M. Thiery" <nicolas.thi...@u-psud.fr>
> > Before posting the patch to trac, I'll split it up into:
> >
> >  - patch with all trivial import updates (the most invasive one)
> >  - main patch with the category framework (with updates to
> > parents/morphism/...)
> >    and the categories themselves
> >    this one is hard to split further
> >  - patch updating about 10 existing sage classes with too many
> >    interdependencies to be updated later on (morphisms)
> >  - patches with applications (combinatorial free modules, sf, ...)
> >
> > But this is really to split the reviewing process by area of
> > expertise. There are a lot of interdependencies, so I don't think we
> > can apply only a subset and still maintain 100% positive tests. Sage
> > probably won't even run without applying all three first patches.

> Yes, but then only those three patches should be on that ticket, i.e.
> the applications patch should be on another ticket.

Sounds good to me.

> As is this patch set is approaching 0.5MB and that is never a good
> sign to have that much code to review.

For the record: about 0.2MB are just taken by the standard GPL
headers, since I created a lot of new files (one for each category:
there are around 80 of them, most of them being currently rather
trivial).

> Once the infrastructure is in merging the applications should not be
> time critical since collisions with code outside combinat should
> approach zero.

Well, this probably will temporarily break a couple things in
combinat. But it should be possible to handle this smoothly.

Cheers,
                                Nicolas
--
Nicolas M. Thiéry "Isil" <nthi...@users.sf.net>