> The Sage worksheet at
>
> http://abstract.ups.edu/sage-aata.html
>
> contains Sage code that was not written in a notebook.  While that
> could be obvious if you actually looked at the file, technically I
> think there is no way to prove just where I wrote it - notebook or
> not.

Regardless of the how you wrote this, many people would consider your
worksheet a derived work of Sage and thus say that your current
license (CC) violates the GPL.

> So originally, I had a copyright interest in this work.

Copyright is different from license.  You most likely still have full
copyright over the work.

> I could have
> kept it that way, made it GFDL (or GPL), or use CC (which I did).  So
> I understand the answer to be that you can do whatever you wish with a
> Sage worksheet (the notebook is the interface), no matter what you
> (legally) place in it that you have the rights to.

Possibly, which is part of my original question, but your example
brings up a different issue.  If you have Sage code (regardless of the
interface) it is likely a derived work of Sage and thus bound by the
GPL.