I think we should really make some effort to improve our page on Wikipedia.

Comparing the Sage and Mathematica pages on Wikipedia shows the
Mathematica one is much nicer. Would it not be sensible to put some
effort into promoting Sage there? If it looks like the program is more
complete, one has a greater chance of getting people using it and
attracting more developers.

As you know, I'm interested in porting sage to Solaris, as I'm a Solaris
user and want to use it there. Hence I'm not a Sage user. Looking on the
Mathematica Wikipedia entry, there is one person who definitely (and
admits) he works for WRI and another I suspect does, as his edits to the
  Mathematica page always promote it, and his edits to the Sage page
always demotes it. (When I asked, he declines to answer).

What of the following could we say Sage supports? Can someone give me a
yes/no or brief comment by each of these.

Some features of Mathematica include:

     * Libraries of elementary and special mathematical functions
     * 2D and 3D data and function visualization tools
     * Matrix and data manipulation tools including support for sparse
arrays
     * Solvers for systems of equations, ODEs, PDEs, DAEs, DDEs and
recurrence relations
     * Numeric and symbolic tools for discrete and continuous calculus
     * Multivariate statistics libraries
     * Constrained and unconstrained local and global optimization
     * A programming language supporting procedural, functional and
object oriented constructs
     * A toolkit for adding user interfaces to calculations and applications
     * Tools for image processing [5]
     * Tools for visualizing and analysing graphs
     * Data mining tools such as cluster analysis, sequence alignment
and pattern matching
     * Libraries of number theory functions
     * Continuous and discrete integral transforms
     * Import and export filters for data, images, video, sound, CAD,
GIS, document and biomedical formats
     * A collection of databases of mathematical, scientific, and
socio-economic information (see below)
     * Support for complex number, arbitrary precision and symbolic
computation for all functions
     * Notebook interface for review and re-use of previous inputs and
outputs including graphics and text annotations
     * Technical word processing including formula editing and automated
report generating
     * Tools for connecting to SQL, Java, .NET, C++, FORTRAN and http
based systems