Skylar Saveland wrote:
>>     * A collection of databases of mathematical, scientific, and
>> socio-economic information (see below)
>
> Man, that would be neat to have data like that at your fingertips with
> a sage interface and R and Python backing you up.  (and not having to
> work to hard to have to configure the interface to the data.
What WRI have done is to put all the data in a format callable from
Mathematica. It is very convenient, but you have no idea of the source
of the data. Hence I'd only use it for a bit of 'fun'. I tried it a few
times and found it to be very incomplete.

Most scientists would find the data themselves, check out the source,
then read the data. You are not going to find too many data files having
the same format, so you are still going to need to configure an
interface to the data.

Mathematica does not even use the internationally agreed value for the
charge on an electron - I doubt I'd trust the source of other data they
have.