On 06/29/09 22:07, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
> On 06/29/09 14:58, William Stein wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Ondrej Certik<ond...@certik.cz> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> the optional vtk package fails to buid on Mac, it fails to configure.
>>> I didn't like the spkg install much, so I joined the Mac and linux
>>> version and it now configures and starts compiling, but then it fails
>>> with:
>>>
>>> http://code.google.com/p/femhub/issues/detail?id=34#c3
>>>
>>> I think I need to somehow use a framework for Python on Mac but I
>>> really have no clue so far how this works.
>> If somebody posts an spkg that builds Python as a framework for OSX, I
>> would be happy to post it to the optional package repo.  I'm sure
>> Brain Granger and others know how to make such an spkg.
>
> I will try to do this tonight or tomorrow.

Oops, sage-4.0.2 doesn't build on bsd.math.  Here is what I get after a
long compile:

Failed to make Maxima.

real    0m4.326s
user    0m1.260s
sys     0m2.609s
sage: An error occurred while installing maxima-5.16.3.p2
Please email sage-devel http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel
explaining the problem and send the relevant part of
of /Users/Prabhu/build/sage-4.0.2/install.log.  Describe your computer,
operating system, etc.
If you want to try to fix the problem, yourself *don't* just cd to
/Users/Prabhu/build/sage-4.0.2/spkg/build/maxima-5.16.3.p2 and type 'make'.
Instead type "/Users/Prabhu/build/sage-4.0.2/sage -sh"
in order to set all environment variables correctly, then cd to
/Users/Prabhu/build/sage-4.0.2/spkg/build/maxima-5.16.3.p2
(When you are done debugging, you can type "exit" to leave the
subshell.)
make[1]: *** [installed/maxima-5.16.3.p2] Error 1

I haven't been following all the threads on sage-devel of late and could
use some help.  Thanks.

cheers,
prabhu