Hi GSW, -- don't you have a real name?

On 07/10/2009 10:37 PM, gsw wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
>
> On 9 Jul., 12:00, Ralf Hemmecke <r...@hemmecke.de> wrote:
>> I seem to be out of luck. But maybe I did something wrong.
>>
>> Here my steps.
>>
>> I downloaded and extracted
>> sage-4.0.2-linux-Debian_GNU_Linux_5.0_lenny-i686-Linux.tar.gz.
>>
>> cd sage-4.0.2-linux-Debian_GNU_Linux_5.0_lenny-i686-Linux
>> ./sage -combinat install

> why do you do "./sage -combinat install" at this stage instead of
> simply typing "make"?

Because you cannot expect me to type "make". Remember, I've downloaded a
*binary* distribution. I only type "./configure && make" for a source
distribution.

I would even go that far that I refuse to read extra documentation for a
binary version. After I've extracted it, I expect it to work.

> Usually, in the directory "devel", the link "sage" (yes, it is a link)
> points to "sage-main". Asking again, do you really want to step into
> the currently experimental and quite evolving "combinat" stuff??

No, of course not ;-). But I am one of organizers of the *-combinat
workshop, so I better learn how to get that stuff installed.

Ralf