Hi Ralf,

On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 6:57 AM, Ralf Hemmecke<r...@hemmecke.de> wrote:

>> The download guide in its present state needs to be further fleshed
>> out with more information. Having released it early, we (Harald and I)
>> thought it would encourage people to improve it.
>
> I didn't dare to improve your version but rather thought that such a
> page should not be too overloaded.
>
> What do people think about this page?
>
> http://wiki.sagemath.org/DownloadAndInstallationGuide

Good catch! I think this can be a short guide or something like a
quick-start guide. I've made a link to that guide on the download page

http://www.sagemath.org/download.html

In your short guide, I added a link to the longer guide so people can
get more detailed information on downloading and installing Sage. I've
also put the said link on all mirror download pages. At the moment,
only the mirror download pages on the master mirror have that link:

http://www.sagemath.org/mirror/

But in a couple of hours, mirrors around the world should be in sync
with the master mirror.

Thank you very much for helping out with the documentation work. As
you know, there are many ways in which one can contribute to making
Sage better for beginners as well as advanced users.

> Well, I should probably not use "Guide" in the URL. The page is too
> short to count as a guide. Better suggestions?

I call it a short guide. It's a quick-fix slim guide with a link to a
fatter, more verbose guide :-)

--
Regards
Minh Van Nguyen