On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 10:31 PM, John H Palmieri<jhpalmier...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 20, 9:02 pm, Ondrej Certik <ond...@certik.cz> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> Also, question to all, do you like the In [3] and Out[3] lines? I
>> don't have an opinion on it yet myself, so I implemented them, to see
>> how it looks like.
>
> How easy would it be to add a way to toggle them on and off?

That should be easy. It's written in a way, so that people can just
trivially modify the html template and very easily change things like
this.

>> Also, please let me know if it works in your
>> browser.
>
> In a brief test, it works in Safari and Firefox on my intel mac.

Thanks!

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 12:18 AM, killian koepsell<koeps...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ondrej,
>
> very nice work!
>
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 9:02 PM, Ondrej Certik<ond...@certik.cz> wrote:
>>  a) the keyboard handling is horrific, why not to use some standard
>> library for that, that works across all browsers
>>  b) it uses some custom format for transfering data (which has bugs,
>> like
>> http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/5ecd104b0aa85439),
>> why not to use JSON?
>
> another option of course would be to use pyjamas:
> http://code.google.com/p/pyjamas/
> It has a lot of features and also the option to run it standalone,
> without a browser, as a
> desktop app.

Yes, that's the next thing that I want to learn and try to rewrite the
thing that I wrote so far into pyjamas, so that we can have everything
in Python.

I wanted to get my hands dirty first, to learn how javascript works,
because even though theoretically you don't have to touch it with
pyjamas, but in practise I am sure I will need to debug it why it
doesn't work in some particular browser.

Ondrej