Hi Ondrej,

>> So, I am all for combining efforts and becoming more in tune with your end
>> goal and motivation for improving the notebook.
>
> I agree with everything you wrote.
>
> Only one suggestion -- could you take my simple frontend for the cells
> and incorporate it in codenode? I mean how things *look* like, so that
> it looks like the Sage notebook. The default codenode look & feel
> doesn't work well in my browser, since I can't figure out where to
> click to find the cell, the cursor changes in some weird way and
> generally it's confusing to me etc. So that's a major problem, but the
> fix is really easy, just change the bit of the javascript + CSS styles
> and it will look like Sage. There could be some option to choose
> between the two designs if you prefer the current codenode style.

I'm going to make supporting the 'Sage Notebook style' a top priority of mine.
I'll put it in as a setting, like the "open notebook in new window" setting
(which was motivated by you... thanks for that!)

Please keep requests like this coming.

--

I'm absolutely confident that the core architecture of codenode is
solid - a massive amount of effort has been put into designing it

What codenode is still missing is the "last mile bits" from real world
users like yourself, and with your feedback and involvement,
we'll be able to create something that exactly solves the problems
you want to be solved.

-Alex

--
Alex Clemesha