Having read a bit of the old notebook code, for the graph editor
(which I should polish and submit in the next few days), I think Sage
will greatly benefit from notebook rewrite. It is very possible to
make front-end applets like the graph editor once it is easy to talk
to the sage kernel, without going through the notebook.

However, both solutions (codenode and ondrej) seem to complicate
things for single users by making them set-up two servers (one not
even local). Is there a way to bundle django engine with twisted's
sage server? Or at least ship it with sage and start it on a separate
port when 'notebook' is executed. So that the user can have the sage
computational engine and the new notebook (probably done with django's
web platform) on the same machine.

Also I think codenode has a lot of potential, but it is lost on non-
Mathematica users who find it hard to manipulate cells. I teach
Mathematica-based math courses and know exactly how non-intuitive
students find the cell structure at first. Actually I thought Sage
model is weird at first (being used to Mathematica), by letting me
jump from cell to cell and erasing them so easy. Now I preferred it to
Mathematica's rigidness.

Rado