On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 10:28 PM, Minh Nguyen<nguyenmi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi William,
>
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:20 PM, William Stein<wst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Nathann (cc: sage-devel),
>>
>> I've noticed that including cliquer in Sage is unpleasant for some
>> people, e.g., me.
>>
>> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/6746
>>
>> and
>>
>> http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/6681
>>
>> For example, I just upgraded Sage on my 64-bit OS X laptop, and I'm
>> not happened that Sage is now broken on there as a result.   I'm
>> surprised that the two tickets above about Cliquer not working haven't
>> been addressed, given that cliquer is the only new spkg to get into
>> Sage in months (so we have very high standards).
>>
>> In the meantime, in my copy of Sage I've just commented out the
>> cliquer import line in
>> devel/sage/sage/graphs/all.py:
>>
>> #from sage.graphs.cliquer import *
>>
>> so that Sage starts up.   I really hope these cliquer build issues get
>> addressed.   If the only constraint is access to a machine on which to
>> do testing (for example any OS X machine), I can easily provide that.
>>  Unfortunately, I can't personally work on this for at least a month,
>> and I don't know anything at all about cliquer, so I'm not the right
>> person to do this anyways.
>
> I feel that as release manager for Sage 4.1.1, I should devote some
> time to fix the issues caused by including cliquer. Following our
> exchange on IRC last week concerning build farm for testing, I emailed
> you about getting accounts on bsd.math.washington.edu and a PPC OS X
> (G5) machine. In relation to fixing the problem caused by cliquer, one
> would need to debug the issue using a 64-bit OS X machine.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I won't have console access to my office OS X computer
until next Monday, and I can't create accounts remotely, since no
matter how hard I try it seems impossible to create a new user in OS X
via the command line.  There were directions online for older versions
of OS X, but they don't apply to OS X 10.5.  The only page I could
find on 10.5 --
http://osxdaily.com/2007/10/29/how-to-add-a-user-from-the-os-x-command-line-works-with-leopard/
-- does not work at all (the very first command there fails with an
error).    I just spent 15 minutes googling for this problem (for the
fourth time in my life) with no luck.

If there are any OS X sysadmins out there that actually know how to
create accounts remotely via the command line, let me know.
Otherwise, we'll have to wait until next Monday.

William