On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 2:18 AM, Nathann Cohen<nathann.co...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello !!!
>
> Starting from a kind of troll related to the next-to-be tour for
> Graphs in Sage ( I wanted to color the map of western europe, but the
> majority of Sage's users do not live there ), I tried to build a graph
> of the whole world by using your dear CIA's data ( available freely on
> their website )
>
> Do you think it would be interesting to add it to the graph generators
> in Sage ?

Yes.

> It could be available as graphs.WorldMap() :-)

Yes.

> If so, I have a small problem : how to include it ? I generated it by
> parsing again and again several files, then building the final graph
> through Python, but the only way I have now to share this graph is to
> write it by g.write().

Why not just include a pickle of it?  Make sure there is a doctest
that involves creating it, so that we can't release a version of Sage
if this pickle breaks.

And if you say you can't pickle it, then something is wrong with
pickling graphs, and we have a bigger problem to worry about!

In case you don't know, you can use pickle as follows:

sage: save(G, 'g.sobj')
sage: G = load('g.sobj')

William

--