Hi

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 09:04:47AM -0700, fwc wrote:

> That's exactly what I get when ./test.py doesn't exist, whether or not
> I have permissions for the SAGE_ROOT directory.  When the file exists
> I get an appropriate output from the doctesting.

In a system-wide install users do not have permissions to write
in the SAGE_ROOT directory. I have however adjusted our system
to allow write on SAGE_ROOT/tmp/tmp due to earlier errors.

sage -t should probably not require write permissions to SAGE_ROOT?

> > 0 j...@muizenberg:~$sage -t ~/test.py
> > sage -t  "/home/jan/test.py"
> > A mysterious error (perhaps a memory error?) occurred, which may have
> > crashed doctest.
> >          [0.2 s]
> > exit code: 768

> > The following tests failed:
> >
> >         sage -t  "/home/jan/test.py"
> > Total time for all tests: 0.2 seconds
>
> But this is very strange.  I get something similar to the first case,
> but the "mysterious error" message comes after doctesting has taken
> place (suggesting that it has found the file).  All I can suggest is
> 1. doing: sage -t -verbose test.py
> 2. looking in .sage/tmp which is what the patch sets to be
> SAGE_TESTDIR

I will have a look and report later.

regards,
Jan