My 2 cents here:
why do we keep the "numerical solve" function with a completely
different name? I know that "find_root" or "roots" make sense, but
wouldn't just be much better to name them "solve_numerical", or
anything like putting a postfix after the word "solve"?
I don't know whether this is generally a good thing to do, but I just
keep finding it so easy if I do "solve[Tab]" so that ALL the functions
related to solving equations are shown (both exact and numerical)

cheers

maurizio