Dr. David Kirkby wrote:
> It's clear that Sage, unlike most other projects, makes extensive use of
> software not written by Sage developers. As such, when bugs are found in that
> software, they should ideally be reported upstream.
>
> I would suggest a pull-down on the track where one could select from
>
> 1) N/A - Not an upstream bug.
> 2) Not yet reported upstream, but should be.
> 3) Reported upstream.
> 4) Fixed upstream

+1 from me too.  I've dealt with a few patches going upstream, and I can
see how it would be really nice to have a way of notating it in our trac.

We might also have an option for "fixed in our version", as many times
we will patch an spkg and simultaneously report it upstream.  When we
eventually get the upstream fix in an update, we delete our patch.

Jason

--
Jason Grout