> We might also have an option for "fixed in our version", as many times
> we will patch an spkg and simultaneously report it upstream.  When we
> eventually get the upstream fix in an update, we delete our patch.

In other words, is this preferred way to fix broken Maxima commands?

1. Fix in maxima.spkg
2. Add test that the fixed spkg is used.

I am asking because of work on trac
(fixed in CVS Maxima few days ago). I fixed Maxima part in python code
in the patch submitted to this trac, which seems to be not accepted.

And what about http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/6479 where I
fixed maxima commands ic2 and bc2 directly in Python code (lines
322-328 and 341--346). Should this ticket been reopened and ic2, bc2
fixed as described above?

Robert