Dr. David Kirkby wrote:

> That would give up 9 options. I think there might always be something which
> does
> not fall into a nice category, so perhaps a 10th 'catch all' is needed too.
>
> 1) N/A - Not an upstream bug
> 2) Not yet reported upstream; Will do shortly.
> 3) Reported upstream. Little or no feedback.
> 4) Reported upstream. Developers acknowledge bug.
> 5) Reported upstream. Developers deny it's a bug.
> 6) Fixed upstream, in a later stable release.
> 7) Fixed upstream, but not in a stable release.
> 8) Workaround found; Bug reported upstream.
> 9) Completely fixed; Fix reported upstream
> 10) None of the above - read trac for reasoning.
>
> Dave

I suppose there are odd occasions where one does not know where to report the
bug. That should be rare, as a Google search will often show this up, but I
must
admit there have been times where it is less than clear where the bug should be
reported. In which case.

1) N/A - Not an upstream bug
2) Not yet reported upstream; Will do shortly.
3) Not reported upsteam. Do not know where to report.
4) Reported upstream. Little or no feedback.
5) Reported upstream. Developers acknowledge bug.
6) Reported upstream. Developers deny it's a bug.
7) Fixed upstream, in a later stable release.
8) Fixed upstream, but not in a stable release.
9) Workaround found; Bug reported upstream.
10) Completely fixed; Fix reported upstream
11) None of the above - read trac for reasoning.

Number 3 should be very rare.

So my list has gone from 4 to 11.

Dave