On Nov 24, 7:25 am, Martin Rubey <martin.ru...@math.uni-hannover.de>
wrote:
> I am with your hope (how to say this properly?).  At any rate, I think
> its realistic though that sage will put
>
>     maxima, fricas (axiom, open-axiom), reduce, giac, etc.
>
> eventually "out of business".

I see this totally different: Sage or any other entity is unable to
put out a project that is free software. Free software belongs us all,
we all together can shape it and as long as there are still copies
around the project is alive. A commercial software is different, it's
code is closed and once it is out of business the code is either lost
or some other company buys it. Releasing closed source code is hard,
especially if it is written by subcontractors and lawyers have to read
all the license papers.
Do you have download numbers for fricas? Support activity measures?
User base estimates?