I don't think there is really a question that Matlab is the leader for
signal processing.  Sage does include some functionality for it
through scipy's signal module:

http://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/signal.html

which has been all I have needed (but I don't do much signal
processing).

-Marshall