On Jan 30, 2010, at 2:17 PM, David Joyner wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 4:58 AM, Ivan Andrus <darthand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 30, 2010, at 2:38 AM, William Stein wrote:
>
>>> The person making the spkg made it incorrectly.
>>> Put the relevant sources in a directory of the form
>>>
>>>              package_name-version_number
>>>
>>> then type
>>>
>>>    sage -pkg package_name-version_number
>>>
>>> William
>>
>> I'm very sorry, I changed the name when I uploaded it.  I didn't even think
>> about that causing a problem.  I have fixed the problem and it is up at
>> http://math.byu.edu/~gvol/files/fluidium_app-0.1.spkg
>>

> This doesn't work either (imac, 10.6.2).

Hmm.  It worked for me.

It wasn't the same problem was it?  Perhaps there was a problem building?
I also have 10.6.2 though on a MacBook.

I have put a built version up at
http://math.byu.edu/~gvol/files/Sage.app.zip
All you should have to do is

ln -s /path/to/your/SAGE_ROOT /path/to/Sage.app/Contents/Resources/sage

or copy over a binary distribution for a fully encapsulated application.
Hopefully that will work.

-Ivan