On Jan 29, 2010, at 7:37 AM, Robert Bradshaw wrote:

> The issue is that the Sage window is mixed up with all the other browser
> windows, with irrelevant menu items, doesn't have its own icon in the dock,
> and the Sage session doesn't stop when the window is closed. Now there are
> several advantages to this from a remote users perspective, but in some ways
> it's not as "nice" as a native app (and how much you find that annoying is a
> matter of personal preference). Separate instances of Firefox can be started
> up with their own user profiles--perhaps the same can be done with Safari.
> (Well, it obviously can, see Fluid--thought that's not open source.)

I have many of the same concerns, but as I mentioned in an email a few weeks
ago [1], Fluid is now open source (apache license) [2] and I have an example of
what a first stab at a Fluid-based Sage.app might look like at
http://math.byu.edu/~gvol/files/fluidium-app.spkg

-Ivan

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/814114f9f246886a/940a5cc16ac217df>