Sorry, I need to be more clear. We aren't going to purposely break
anything. And if you wish to maintain MPIR on HP-UX and PA-RISC, then
you are more than welcome.

The only reason it passes all the self tests at the moment is that we
removed a good proportion of the broken assembly language.

The likelihood is that we'll remove all the assembly language.
****This won't stop it building or passing tests****, it'll just take
slightly longer to run make check and slightly less time to build.

Our reasons for removing the assembly code are complicated, but sound.
As this is not a targeted platform, for either Sage or MPIR it
shouldn't actually affect anybody in a negative way, as no one is
genuinely going to be using MPIR for actual computations on that
platform.

The main point here is that even if HP-UX does become a supported
platform (because Linux on Itanium goes south), HP-UX on PA-RISC will
never become a supported platform. That at least, is very dead, even
according to HP.

Bill.