Actually, he was asking that I don't purposely break MPIR. We won't be
purposely breaking anything. Merely not supporting it ourselves. If
David wishes to support it, that is his prerogative.

As for FLINT, it has never built on HP-UX, ever. I'm not going to put
even 5 minutes into trying to get it to do so. It is completely beyond
the scope of what FLINT is for. However, I would reconsider this
matter if linux went south on Itanium. Then HP-UX would be the only
viable option, and there may be a point to having Sage build on HP-UX
in that case. But I expect this to be very painful for all involved.

For the time being, however, I am resolute on this issue. I don't have
the time. If David wants to submit patches (properly formatted) so
that FLINT will build on HP-UX, then I'll merge them as I find time,
so long as they don't radically change the way FLINT works and don't
require extensive changes.

Bill.