As a user of sage, I'm quite happy with all of the work that has been
going in to the Solaris port lately.  Currently I have to use it from
a zone running linux, which isn't so bad except the zones typically
run older distributions of Linux.  I know it creates additional work
and I also thank all the sage developers for attempting to support
that platform, even if it is not currently a large target market.  I
believe its market will continue to grow slowly; comparing it to HP-UX
isn't quite fair, since their feature sets are very different and one
has been modernized and open sourced, the other one I can only assume
not so much.